September 9 – 24
In the wake of COVID-19, the Pop Conference has pivoted to a series of virtual talks and panels that will take place across three consecutive weeks — on Wednesdays and Thursdays — beginning Wednesday, September 9. You can find the full schedule available here.
Sessions will be hosted online by the Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle and login information will become available closer to the first sessions. Visit here for more information.
Special thanks goes to this year’s programming committee chair, Dr. Karen Tongson, and her team for helping the Conference navigate such difficult circumstances. The programming committee for the 2020 Pop Conference includes:
- Hanif Abdurraqib (writer and cultural critic)
- Raquel Gutiérrez (writer, performer)
- Gerrick Kennedy (writer and cultural critic)
- Summer Kim Lee (UCLA)
- Iván Ramos (University of Maryland)
- Robert Rutherford (Museum of Pop Culture)
- Karen Tongson (University of Southern California)
- J.D. Samson (musician, NYU Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music)
- RJ Smith (author)
- Oliver Wang (CSU Long Beach)